Thursday, February 24, 2011

21st Century Education

There are many skills that I will need to succeed in the life path I think I want.Some of the skills I feel are key in me being successful  aren't skills that you learn in school but more from your family and Friend's.My skills that are going to get me somewhere in life is my motivation and my work ethic along with things my dad has taught me and skills that I have picked up my self.All the things we have been learning in school will only apply to my future through the basic stuff reading,writing , simple math skills anything beyond that in my situation has been a complete waste of time.In my mind the perfect education would be learning the expected  skills the first eight or so years of school in the same ways that we have. But in high school I feel your education should start becoming much more personal to yourself instead of being given topics to write on or doing math in every topic we should continue learning but instead of me writing on Macbeth or some novel I was forced to read we should be able to branch off and each student can work on his or her interests.Instead of tests I would like a more practical test to show the skills I am personally working towards for the future. Next year I plan to work paving for the company I currently work for to save up the forty thousand dollars I will need to go through the 10 month commercial pilot course here in Penticton.After getting through school I will start slowly building my flying hours through a low paying pilot job in hopes of one day getting a well paying job flying for a large company and living a high end happy life.   

No comments:

Post a Comment